DNK Online Gaming Clan

Monday 9 January 2012

Storytelling to help me focus

I am lazier than a mexican village, I absolutely love minatures and like nothing more to see a well painted minature astride some great terrain doing whatever I am dreaming up, but can I be arsed painting any of them to make that happen..........narr.
Now combine that apathy with the fact that I also believe I may have the makings of a sci-fi book or twelve inside me, so I had a dream :) , an idea that I would only tell each new part of my story providing I could rpg the content with painted minatures and terrain.This has several advantages it motivates me to paint because I want to tell my stories and it focus's my efforts in support of each part of the story rather than just painting to put a tick in a box, it ramps up the challenge because it will require a lot of creativity to energise the story on the tabletop  instead of just inside your mind.I will cheat often because I have bought many painted figures and items over the years but I will declare the origin of every part so that when one of my own figures/designs actually surfaces apart from a great deal of whooping and back patting, I will also run a start-wip-finish commentary to help motivate other lazy buggers like myself to do good things......more often.Constructive encouragement is always needed and appreciated ..........watch this space

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new kit on the story idea. Should be interesting. I couldn't do it - you'd have to wait months between chapters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right that worry did raise its head, but then I thought well I can still write when Im able and store the chapters as drafts until I can raise a suitable diorama/game to summarise it,might even give me a chance to physically try something and if I find it unlikely and change the script,.....it will be fun trying to make it all work. Appreciate the feedback

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nifty idea. Something similar motivated me to keep my old Undead army going for four years, so it can work! Good luck to you with it.

    ReplyDelete