DNK Online Gaming Clan

Thursday 15 September 2011

Forge World - Love the models, hate the prices - Warthog made for 40k

I really love the detail and quality that goes into Forgeworld models and have over the years invested in several, however their prices have always made it difficult sometimes to collect what I really wanted.So when the Imperial Guard got Elysian Tauros vehicles at £31 + postage, I wanted them but couldnt afford them.
                  What do you think of these little babies ? sold as Mcfarlane Halo 3 Vehicles Series 1 and based on the hugely popular Warthog chassis I was really impressed with everything about them. Approximately 4" long and 2" wide as you can see from our Catachan friends the scale is pretty much spot on for 40k and comes fully painted, weathered with rolling wheels and rotating turret on the rear, which can be removed for additional storeage capacity.The gun could be left as a heavy stubber look a like or substituted with an appropriate 40k alternative more in keeping with a Tauros codex entry.
I bought 10 of these to use as Tauros subs and also a jeep for general transportation and thought about a long range recon unit with every other one replacing its weapon with food and fuel stored in the back.
At the time of my purchase about 11 months ago I paid about £5 each via ebay, now they are £7.99 ish but a more thorough google might find a better offer, I also like the identity they bring to an army which sometimes looks the same to everyone elses.What do you think ?

No comments:

Post a Comment